A personal injury accident can leave behind damage and injuries that affect your life temporarily or permanently. These types of accidents in which a claim could be filed include, among others:
● Car accidents
● Pedestrian accidents
● Slip and fall on public or private property
● Medical negligence
● Dog attack
Whatever type of accident you have suffered, you deserve to be compensated by the person or organization that committed a negligent act that caused you injuries. Therefore, it is crucial that you are aware of the damages that you can include in your legal claim to recover what belongs to you.
Damages that may result from your accident that you can include in your claim
1. Physical damage: Temporary or permanent injuries and everything that results from your treatment. This includes medical bills, rehabilitation, hospital expenses, medications, and everything necessary for your recovery. It has to be considered regardless of whether it requires lifelong treatment.
2. Psychological damage: The emotional damage that a personal injury accident can leave can be seen as Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome, anxiety, depression, and extreme fear, among others. And you can include any psychological or psychiatric treatment you require in your claim.
3. Damage to your private property: Any loss of objects of your property derived from the accident.
4. Loss of employment or wages: It is any monetary or employment loss that the accident and your injuries resulting from it have caused you.
5. Wrongful Death: Funeral expenses and financial losses to family members of a person who has lost their life after an accident for which someone else was at fault.
What comes next?
You can include any of these expenses that you believe caused losses due to the accident in your personal injury claim to recover everything the accident caused to you and your loved ones.
We recommend contacting a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible to guide you through the process, your claim, and the best way to obtain the maximum amount possible within your compensation.
Our attorney Leo Herrera can help you through this legal process and help you understand complicated terms or processes. Do not hesitate to contact us. We are ready to fight for the justice you deserve.