Who will pay if you have an accident on the street?
November 18, 2022

Who will pay if you have an accident on the street?


Suffering an accident while driving the streets of California can cause injuries depending on the severity of the accident and the type of accident involved. The injuries you suffer may mean that you will have to go to the hospital, doctors, buy medicine, and also that you will not be able to work for at least a period of time to recover.

Anything that has to do with treating your injuries caused by your accident will incur unexpected expenses that could affect your financial stability and leave you with debts from medical bills that can be very difficult to pay off. Therefore, it is important that you know your rights as a citizen.

The type of rights we are talking about have to do with the responsibility that the government has to properly maintain its streets, place warning signs and avoid committing negligent acts that could endanger pedestrians who walk or transit through its streets. despite how difficult it can be to be in control in a city as big as Los Angeles.

When you or someone you love is injured in an accident while walking on the streets, you may be able to get the government to pay you compensation for all the costs of your injuries or money lost because of your injuries. All you need to be able to get this compensation, is to gather evidence that shows that your accident, slip and fall was caused by negligence or carelessness on the part of the city government and later, with the help of an attorney, you can get a economic compensation.

Although suing the government can be a little more complicated, with the help of a personal injury lawyer, getting the compensation you deserve is possible, since by proving the government’s negligence, following the legal process and presenting the evidence Whatever your lawyer asks you to do in court, you can win your case and get back what belongs to you.

Our attorney Leo Herrera is ready to fight whoever it takes to get you the compensation you truly deserve, regardless of whether it is the state government or the city where you were injured. Contact us for help.