When you have an accident of any kind that causes personal injury, in which someone else was at fault, you will have the right to receive compensation for those damages caused by the negligent actions of the person who caused the accident.
You can legally claim this compensation if the insurer or the guilty party is unwilling to reach an agreement and pay you what you deserve. By having the necessary evidence, the chances that your case will be successful are very high. However, it is crucial to take into account that some actions or errors could affect your case and the amount you receive or even that the judge stops taking into account your demand in case you commit them.
Unfortunately, some activities that may seem good or that you mean well can damage your personal injury case.
These errors can be:
- Failing to see a doctor for your personal injury right away
- Not hiring a personal injury attorney to process your claim from the moment you decide you want to file one
- Talking with people outside the case, with the guilty party or with his insurer, without his lawyer being present or without having agreed with his lawyer. Remember that the information you share may affect how others perceive the case or could use it against you.
- Hiding or exaggerating information about the accident from your attorney.
- Try to share your case on social media
- Accept the first amount offered regardless of whether it is lower than you deserve
- Stop trying to get as much information as possible
- Missing the deadline to file your claim
Avoiding all of the above will help make your personal injury case more successful. Remember to approach a personal injury attorney as soon as possible and follow all their advice and directions to the letter, as they have the experience to know what is good for your case and what is not. In this way, the compensation they manage to obtain will be what you deserve.
Do not hesitate to contact the lawyers of Herrera Law, we can advise you.